BMG has always maintained a strong focus on the link between education and the future of business growth and innovation. This link remains a priority and the work of the BMG with support from City of Greater Bendigo has enabled significant outcomes throughout the early years, secondary school and higher levels of education.
The BMG actively encourages, supports and participates in the following programs:
- Passions and Pathways Program – providing exposure for year 6 students to the industry and work environments.
- Career Horizons – providing the opportunity for schools and universities to engage with industry through industry tours, work experience, guest speaker roles and young industry ambassadors.
- Industry Education Forums – held regularly, these target ‘career influencers in the education system’ as well as a broader audience.
- Bendigo Tech School – a number of BMG members are actively contributing to the new school.
- University engagement – through the ‘Work Integrated Learning’ sector and recently through the Regional Industry Collaboration Program with plans to expand their involvement in these areas.
BMG contact details
Chairman: Mark Brennan, Director, Technical & Engineering, Protected Vehicles THALES
Deputy Chairman: Sam White, Deputy Chair, INDUSTRY PRECAST
Trevor Budge: Manager Regional Sustainable Development, City of Greater Bendigo